IntroductioniRobot is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist to work with our Communications, Culture and Brand team to translate our culture, innovation, milestones and business priorities into compelling communications to engage existing and potential employees. A talented writer / content creator with event and project management skills, this integral role will be responsible for engaging the iRobot global employee base through compelling storytelling, branded internal events and creative global activities unique to iRobot.
The Communications Specialist will interface with functional team leaders to drive an internal communications strategy that will strengthen iRobot employees’ belief in and commitment to iRobot’s mission, vision, values and leadership.
Working alongside a collaborative team of graphic designers, video producers and PR people, you will work with teams and departments throughout iRobot, building strong relationships to help them communicate their stories and initiatives to the global iRobot community.
Communicating in iRobot’s voice, you will research and write creative, engaging weekly intranet articles and internal employee communications in a conversational style. You will also partner with our in-house creative team to develop multimedia communications, including video interviews, culture-building content and events.
Leveraging the stories and videos developed for internal audiences, this role will develop social media content to reach potential employees through employee features, job spotlights, and stories which reflect iRobot’s vision and values.
What You Will Do:
- Ability to adapt to different tones/voices to engage readers with a conversational style
- Develop and maintain proactive internal communications editorial calendar – collaborating with our global communications team
- Utilize innovative communications concepts, including video and social media
- Schedule regular touchpoints with employees throughout the organization to cultivate content, and empower employees to be content contributors
- Develop creative ideas for culture-building events and work with global comms team to execute around the globe
- Partner with team project manager to help to keep internal communications projects and event planning on track, including our quarterly All Hands meetings and culture events
- Provide excellent proofreading and editing services to internal clients
- Collaborate with internal departments, including HR, IT and Facilities to assess communications goals and develop and execute regular campaigns to bring awareness to critical global initiatives
- Leverage analytics to assess content success and overall engagement
- Collaborate closely with the creative team to develop graphics for intranet, email templates for department communications and event invitations
- Provide employees with brand resources, including logos and templates.
- Maintain intranet weekly and Politemail email tool
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a communications-related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a related communications field and interest in public relations, internal communications, corporate communications, etc.
- Interest in technology.
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs).
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus.
- Experience developing video interviews a plus.
- Knowledge of social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Basic graphic design/image editing a plus.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coordinating multiple tasks.
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. To date, we have sold over 25 million robots and globally employ more than 1,000 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home.
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts with offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer.
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.